Member for Burleigh Michael Hart today urged the Burleigh community to recognise outstanding local businesses by nominating them for the 2013 Telstra Australian Business Awards.
The prestigious Awards program that celebrates the successes and entrepreneurial spirit of Australian businesses is now open for the 21st year.
Mr Hart said: “We have many businesses in the Burleigh area that are outstanding achievers and are deserving of a nomination in the Telstra Awards.
“By nominating a local business, you’re giving them a unique opportunity to prosper. Finalists and winners get to boost their national profile and expand their network by mixing with successful alumni of the Awards.
“Let’s get behind the entrepreneurs and innovators in our community who are making a difference to our local and national prosperity,” Mr Hart said.
There are five Award categories.
- HTC Start-Up Award – For businesses that have been operating for between one and three years and have up to 200 employees;
- News Limited Micro-Business Award – For businesses with five or less employees;
- MYOB Small Business Award – For businesses with more than five employees, and up to 20 employees;
- Commonwealth Bank Medium Business Award – For businesses with more than 20 employees, and up to 200 employees; and
- Telstra Regional Award – For the most outstanding regional business located outside the metropolitan areas of the capital cities in each state and territory.
Nominations are now open and entries for the 2013 Telstra Business Awards will open on 11 February and close on 4 April.
To nominate or enter the Awards go to www.telstrabusinessawards.com or call the Telstra Australian Business Awards team on 1800 262 323 for further information.
[ENDS] 10 December 2012